Introduction

Welcome to my blog!


So what's it about?

I was a portrait and fashion photographer for 15 years, based in London. But from May 2024, after fulfilling a lifetime ambition and travelling around the world for over a year, I was ready for a complete change. I quit my photography business and moved to Nottingham, a city I love, in order to study AI, machine learning and more general technical software development skills.

I have 8 years experience as a professional software developer, from many moons ago. The goal for this year is to brush up on those skills, add lots of new ones, and ice the cake with expertise in cutting-edge AI. I firmly believe that AI is going to massively empower the majority of people who learn to use it. I want to know enough to be able to work one-on-one with anyone to help them discover how it can personally benefit them.

I have been obsessed with AI ever since DALL-E and Midjourney allowed me to create my dream photoshoot images that would be impossible or too expensive to take in real life. The possibilities of Generative AI have already transcended those of real-life photography, and it's improving at an incredible rate.

I briefly had a YouTube channel about AI a couple of years ago, and remember making a video about this exciting new thing called ChatGPT. How the world has changed since then! The landscape is changing so fast it can be daunting for people, and I want to help people get comfortable with AI and discover its potential.

My new life involves studying full-time, seven days a week. I am following a study plan generated by Anthropic's Claude, and am ambitiously trying to do it in half the time. There is a formidable list of skills I want to learn. But it's wonderful; I absolutely love the process of taking courses, 'upskilling', and immersing myself in this thrilling new technical world with its rapidly evolving landscape.

I have committed myself to this programme of intensive study for precisely a year, to see what I can achieve in that time in terms of new skills and projects. The purpose of this blog is to chart my progress, hold myself accountable, and also present a few interesting things from my past for anyone interested.

Thanks for reading. If you work in machine learning or have an interest in it, please get in touch; I'd love to hear about your experiences with it. Especially if you're a sentient robot reading this in the future.

Titus


Comments